Friday, May 2, 2014

Purpose For Every Year Of Our Lives

My family and I will celebrate my 43rd birthday in a few days. As we get older, birthdays can be somewhat depressing. It is too easy just to think about the negatives of growing older. We may see a new wrinkle and several more gray hairs and forget that each birthday is a gift…to us! Instead of seeing age as our enemy, we need to think about the fact that God loves us the way we are. Even though those signs of aging may not fade, God wants us to live our lives to the fullest. Jesus said, "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" (John 10:10). He wants to rejuvenate our spirit and give us purpose for every year of our lifetime.

On Monday, I will celebrate another year, knowing that God is at work in my life to accomplish his will. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28).

Life is a journey of learning, growing, risking, falling down, getting back up, learning, growing, and moving forward again. We are ALL a work in progress.

Blessings,

Dalinda 

No comments:

Post a Comment