Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Renewal

If I were to make a New Year resolution - I like to call it New Year's Renewal - it would be to have a deeper commitment, a deeper love, and a deeper worship for the Lord. In the beginning of this past year, He spoke to me in that still small voice in prayer and said, "I am more than enough. I am more than enough in every area of your life." He also said to tell others the same thing....because HE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH! 

With 2014 knocking on our door, I've heard a number of people express immeasurable gratitude over the current year's end, but I'm not so sure I'm among the many ecstatic future goers. I'm happy to be starting a new year and chapter in life, but I'm not in some zealous hurry to jump across the line into 2014. I guess 2013 just hasn't been so bad that I'm in a mad dash to leave it all behind. On the other hand, it has had moments that were so painful I didn't think I could cope, from my long struggle with health issues and many, many doctors visits, to my husband's job loss. This part of the year was bleak, but not without hope for greater things to come. ✞ 

2013 was actually a blessed year, one that contained more good than bad, greater love than pain, and increased hope and trust in God. I'm okay that it's coming to a close, but I guess I'm thankful for what it brought. 

Check out the story on Circulation Nation of Simpsonville in the Therapy Spotlight of the January edition of Natural Awakenings. (page 19) 


Each of us has many black dots or spots in our life, and we cannot understand why they are there or why God permitted them. But when we allow Him into our life to adjust the dots in the proper way, to draw the lines He desires, and to put resets at the proper places to seperate us from certain things, then from the black dots and spots He will compose a glorious harmony. Trust Him! He is faithful!

The Presence of Jesus Christ in your life will change the outcome each and every time without fail. There is not one thing that this earth has to offer that is better than the favor that is found in His Presence. You can spend thousands of dollars looking for a cure for a disease when in an instant God can heal your body for free. A man can spend his entire life securing fame and fortune and die with a bankrupt soul only to be tormented for Eternity. Matthew 8:36 – “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?” 

As we ring in 2014, if we know Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can rest in the truth that God is going to bring about the best for our lives no matter OUR plan. 

Wishing you many blessings in 2014! 

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment