Thursday, July 28, 2011

Are You Walking In Faith?

Abraham was walking by faith when God led him out of all that was familiar to him (his comfort zone) to a place he had never been. He knew God had called him from where he was, but didn't know where God was leading. And Abraham's is one of the greatest stories in the Bible in regard to walking in faith : " he went out, not knowing where he was going" (Hebrews 11:8). How often have we felt like that? We go out because God is leading us, but we don't really know where we're headed.

I don't always understand why God allows some things to happen and why He doesn't seem to intervene in situations the way I think He should. The truth is. He is God and owes no one an explanation.

Sometimes He allows circumstances in life to force us to give up control. While we may not have control over those circumstances, we do have control over our response to them. I could allow the disappointments in what I lack to dictate how I respond to what I have.

It all comes down to making the right and godly choice to trust God when everything in life seems to be going wrong. Perhaps He's trying to get your attention. I have had a couple of blinding experiences when it seemed God was getting right in my face and blocking out my surroundings so I'd get the message.

I'd much rather take my chances submitting to the control of a loving Savior than take my chances doing all this alone.

I can't do it without Him! I am laying my life down at His feet. Because the only thing I can control is my obedience to Him.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment