Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Have You "Gone Missing"?

During my 40 years of living, I have encountered countless people who have "gone missing". Some of them don't even know that they have "gone missing". They have lost all sense of self. I hear them say: "I run a million dollar company" or "I'm just a clerk at the company store" or "I'm Lisa's mother". They define themselves by external labels based upon associations or circumstances.

Others define themselves by neighborhoods in which they live, or the cars they drive, or the labels on their clothing and accessories. Still others define themselves by the church they attend or the club to which they belong or the ministry outreach in which they participate. Labels and more labels, all external.

In the process of adding labels to their lives, and then defining themselves by those labels, these people have lost, or possibly never discovered their own deep inner sense of self.

I live a transformed and empowered life because I have discovered my original design, fashioned by the Master Architect Himself. I have learned that God esteems us, not some worldly label. God values us. He loves us. He declares us to be worthy of His mercy, forgiveness, and presence. He helps us grow into the fullness of who He created us to be.

Anyone can choose to be a worldly princess, but you have been handpicked by the King to be His Princess. Now take your God-given appointed position. Let your life lived for your Lord be the legacy you leave behind.

When you truly know who you are and whose you are, all of life comes into focus.

In His Grip,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment