Thursday, July 14, 2011

Don't Be In Such A Big Hurry!

"I have so much to do today! I have three loads of laundry to wash, dry, fold, and put away. I have a doctor's appointment at 2 and have to have the boys at their ball game at 5:30 and go to the store sometime in between." Sound familiar???

Sometimes I get so busy that I feel like I am forgetting something. And sometimes I get so exhausted just thinking about what all I have to get done...You?

As I consider the things I do each day and how much importance I place on each little task, I realize it's nothing compared to what God did in one single day. God created the heavens and the earth in the time it took me to do laundry, go to my doctors appointment, get to the store and have my boys at their ball game. If I skipped doing the laundry, the worst thing that would happen is we'd have to wear clothes stuck in the back of the drawer.

Our souls matter to God. He prepared a place for us to live and learn about Him. He gave us the work we do, but the stress we feel is self-imposed. I can only imagine how I would freak out if I was assigned God's to-do list.

My advice to you and me is, "Don't be in such a big hurry!" We may be full of dreams for our lives, but we may also be trying to achieve our dreams out of season. We can make huge messes in our lives and sometimes get upset with God because things didn't work out the way we thought the Lord said they would. Things will happen as God said if we wait on His timing.

We never learn patience without something to be patient about.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment