Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We Are All Characters In God's Story

Since before we were born, God has had a unique plan for each of us. It is not a plan of failure, misery, poverty, sickness or disease. God's plan is a good plan, a plan for life and health, happiness, and fulfillment.

It would benefit every one of us if we would say to ourselves several times a day, "God has a good plan for my life." Each of us needs to be firmly convinced of that truth to keep us from being affected by our changing circumstances and emotions.

Just remember that we have an enemy who is out to destroy God's wonderful plan. Satan uses people and circumstances, but they are not our real enemy; Satan is. He finds things and people through whom he can work and delights in watching us fight and war without ever realizing he is the source. We need to know our enemy...not only who he is, but what his character is like.

The Bible encourages us to know the character of God so we can place faith in Him and what He says. Likewise, we should know Satan's character so we do not listen to nor believe his lies.

I too am a character in God's story. At times I'd like to take a break from the drama. Three months off without stress would feel nice. But honestly wouldn't want a permanent break, because the story gives meaning to my life. I'm part of something great, far bigger than myself. And I trust God not only to bring the whole story together, but to do with my part of it what He knows to be best.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment