Monday, July 29, 2013

A Holy Hangover

I had an amazing weekend at She Speaks! You could say I have "A Holy Hangover"! I met so many women from all over the country and made some really good friends. She speaks was excellent. I had never heard Lysa TerKeurst speak in person, and I didn't realize what a powerful speaker she was until I attended this conference. I gained a lot of knowledge and learned ways to improve my writing skills and my blog. 

I took a huge leap of faith and went to this women's conference alone with a book proposal in hand. There I was among over 730 other women who also committed their weekend and their hearts to be open to receive God's plan for their lives.You could say I was a little bit nervous, considering this was my first She Speaks Conference and also my very first publishers meeting. I had two publisher appointments. The very first publisher LOVED my book idea. I was flabbergasted! She took my book proposal, my one sheet, and the electronic version of my proposal with her back to the publishing company. The next step in the process will be for my proposal to go to the acquisition editor.

If someone came up to me eight years ago and told me that in 2013 I would be writing a book and starting my own business, I would have thought they were crazy.....Never in a million years.....As soon as we think we have it all figured out, God surprises us. I am still in awe of the mighty God we serve!!!!!

What I am learning, slowly but surely, one baby step at a time is this – it is SO worth it to press through the difficult. And still, at times it’s still a struggle for me to live in the moment and to embrace the wait. But when I do, I never regret it. And my life becomes that much richer because of it. 

GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment