Monday, January 6, 2014

Choose To Be Motivated, Not Manipulated

Many people conform to the trends of this world. 

Sometimes we get too concerned with what others think or say about us. We are more worried about man's rejection than God's. 

Our culture believes we can create reality as we go. Too often, people struggle to remake their circumstance (health, marriage, finances, addictions), when we should be asking God to help us remake our minds. 

I choose....to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used; to excel, not compete. I choose self-esteem, not self-pity. I choose to listen to he Holy Spirit inside me, not the random opinions of others.

As long as I'm uncomfortable I know I'm living. It's when things get comfortable I know it's time to re-evaluate.

If we are not a little bit uncomfortable every day, we're not growing. All the good stuff is outside our comfort zone. 

Blessings,
Dalinda


No comments:

Post a Comment