Monday, January 13, 2014

The Focus Is Not On The "Hard" But On The "Life"

The way is hard that leads to life. But we must be careful of our emphasis. The focus is not on the “hard” but on the “life.” The eternal (John 3:16), abundant (John 10:10), exceedingly joyful (Psalm 43:4) and forever pleasurable (Psalm 16:11) life is so worth the fight that we will someday look back at the very worst, darkest, horrible battles and see them as “light and momentary” (2 Corinthians 4:17), Piper.
We cannot put the whole of our identity into the smallness of any situation.
One very important thing I have learned during my health journey is I must believe in my health if I am to maintain or regain it. I must actively pursue wellness when I am ill. When my own body was in progressive deterioration during the depths of my illness, I began to realize that, for survival, I needed to employ my mind as well as my body. I began to repeat a version of an old affirmation to myself, again and again, a mantra of sorts: Every day, in every way, I get stronger and stronger and better and better. ✞ 

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment