Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Diet Is Not About Denial....It's About Desire

Today, I am beginning my journey to create a healthier me. With the help of my internist and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ I will have victory. No food tastes as good as being healthy feels!

The time and energy it takes to eat healthy and exercise is well worth every minute. I am going to be strong in the Lord's strength, do my very best, and God will do the rest.

If I exercise and eat healthy to bring glory to myself, I will run out of willpower. But if I eat healthy to complete God's calling for my life and to bring glory to our King, I will see victory like never before.

For the next 12 weeks, I want to honor God with my body by following the nutrition and exercise plan my internist has given me. I commit to eat well, get proper rest, and exercise to bring glory to God, not myself. I pray God gives me self-control, helps me to be disciplined in my mind, my body, and my spirit.

Jesus can take our defective lives and make them effective! He can take our worst and add His best. Your life means more than you think it does. God is using you in ways you may never know.

My desire is to bring God the glory and to reduce my risk of getting heart disease. My Dad died of heart disease. My internist gave me a genetic test to see if I inherited the genes, from my Dad, that cause heart disease. The results came back showing that I inherited one of the genes.

Heart disease is the #1 killer in the US....Heart disease accounts for 1 death every 34 seconds....1 in 3 persons has some form of heart disease....800,000 people have a stroke every year.

I want to do everything I can to reduce my risk of getting heart disease and becoming one of these statistics.

Many times our battles in this life prepare us for our purpose. So the goal in our walk with God should not be to dodge the pain and problems life brings, but to learn to fight the good fight and finish strong!

In His Mighty Hand,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment