Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life Is Sweet

As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more.

I went to my internist this morning for the results of my tests and blood work. I got some news that I really didn't want to hear. The Berkeley Heart Lab test showed that I DID inherit the gene that causes heart disease from my Dad. But the good news is my heart scan was clear of calcium buildup and clogged arteries. PRAISE GOD!!!

I actually have several things going on. My cholesterol was a little high. I am also not getting the proper dosage of medicine to control my thyroid, so she increased it. My insulin was o.k., but she wants me to watch my carbs. Both my parents were diabetic so I have to be very careful. Some of my hormones were low considering the fact that I am 40 and am perimentalpausal...poor Jody! The "horror-mones" are talking. He will soon be saying that I have been lobotomized by the Evil Dr. PMS. ;-}

When I go back to my internist, she will coach me for 3 months, every two weeks, on proper nutrition for me. She says this is not going to be a diet but a way of life. She wants me to have another Berkeley Heart Lab test at the end of the 3 months to reevaluate.

Please continue to keep me and my family in your prayers. Today was especially difficult for me as it is still so fresh in my mind having to watch my Dad struggle with this terrible disease. I am also giving my life story in our church community group tonight.

Always remember, as long as we are still breathing our life story continues...

God Bless,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment