Monday, April 2, 2012

His Work In Progress

One of the best things about learning to hear God's voice is that it is progessive. It is not a skill we master; it is an unfolding relationship we enjoy. As the relationship unfolds, we learn to communicate with Him more often, more deeply, and more effectively; we learn to follow the Holy Spirit more closely; we learn to pray with more confidence; and we learn to hear His voice more clearly.

I am His work in progress. There is no progress unless there is change.

I often forget that the process is the point. The process of seeking God and knowing Him is the goal.

My life isn't perfect, far from it, actually. That fact used to bother me, but now I've come to accept and appreciate this truth. I understand that it's the little irritations that keep me close to God. Sometimes we need a little nudge, a gentle poke to get our eyes off our comfort and back on His Grace.

I am thankful today for change. I am thankful that although it's not always a comfortable process, change can bring light to our darkness and make us more fully alive. And I am so very thankful that God thinks I'm worth His effort to change me.

In Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment