Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In A World Of Cheerios, Why Not Be A Fruit Loop?

The Bible says we are to be imitators of Christ, not each other. Therefore, our ambition should be to imitate Christ...not the girl with the buns of steel standing beside me glistening instead of sweating.

Be yourself and not like everyone else.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our uniqueness is determined both by who we are and who we are not, by our abilities as well as our limitations.

Our world has so many misconceptions of true beauty. It's not a noxzema smooth face every morning. Heaven knows, I still get blemishes at age 40! It's not tighter, firmer abs either. It's a beauty that's so transparent that others see Jesus in you, working through you: A beauty that causes others to wonder what's different about you.

I want to be more like Jesus and less like the world. So in a world of cheerios, why not be a fruit loop?

When God says something to you in your heart or when you read something in the Bible, you should say: "I believe it." If He says to forgive my enemies, even though it doesn't make any sense to me, I believe it - and, instead of going to beat them up, I am going to do what He says.

I know I have weaknesses and imperfections, but I will not be stopped by them. God likes that kind of determination. God can gain glory for Himself through those who will not let their personal weaknesses get in the way of God's work in them.

God Himself is our strength, our success, and our victory. He doesn't just give us strength, He IS our Strength. He doesn't just give us the victory, He IS our Victory. Yes, we make an effort to keep peace, but we dare not make an effort without depending on God's power to flow through us - failure is certain if we do.

Are you a cheerio or a fruit loop?

I am a fruit loop and darn proud of it!

Blessings,
Dalinda

2 comments:

  1. David gave me your card and directed me to your blog. I love this post. When Miranda (my oldest) was young she used to say "pip pip cheerio" to get us to hurry up. In an attempt to imitate her, Marlee (my youngest) popped up one day with "pip pip fruit loop." We laughed until we cried! I'm a fruit loop right along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking me up! I am attending the She Speaks Conference this year. David said you were too. Maybe we can meet for lunch one day this summer before the conference and we can chat.

    ReplyDelete