Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If I Keep My Eyes On God, I Won't Trip Over My Own Feet

Ever have one of those days where your day is so jam packed with stuff to do that you feel that you are going to pull your hair out? Well, today is one of those days for me.

If the Lord didn't do it all in one day, what makes me think I can?

I usually have my quiet time with God in the mornings as soon as I drop my boys off at school. But this morning I did not have time because of all the stuff in my day. First of all my youngest son, Drew has two mean looking bites, of some sort, on his body; one on his chest and one on his leg. So being the normal Mom that I am, I got out of bed worried about Drew. I was focusing on my problems, not on God...bad start already.

I've trained myself to start each day by giving God the first fruits of my time. He did not get that this morning and boy can I tell a huge difference in myself, my day and in how I am handling the day's stress. The tone of my day was set as soon as I didn't give God the first fruits of my time.

I've realized that I'm not going to get through the day peacefully if I don't spend time with God.

I've learned to use the best part of my day to give God the best part of my heart. Giving God the first moments of the morning helps keep my priorities straight for the rest of the day. Don't use this gift of time with God to meditate on your problems.

God wants to hear us say, "Lord, I don't know how You're going to do this. I don't care how You do it. I know it's going to be right. I trust all my circumstances to You. My times are in Your hands. You are my first priority in life."

Psalm 31:14-15 says, "I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O Lord; I said, You are my God. My times are in Your hands.

I'm not capable, but God's spirit in me is very capable. I need God. That's it. When I choose to live this truth, everything else falls into place.

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment