Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Are You A Follower Or Just A Fan?

Fan: an enthusiastic admirer. A fan wants all the benefits of a relationship with Jesus without any sacrifice.

A follower must sacrifice and take up their cross.

The crowds of people that Jesus fed, healed, and taught were mainly fans. Most of them followed Him because they wanted something from Him. They praised Him as long as it was easy, but ran away when the going got tough.

Being a follower of Jesus isn't easy!

I want to be a follower of Jesus everyday, but I know there are days when I live as just a fan. Part of the growing process with Christ is realizing how much farther I have to go. I'm thankful that God is merciful and deals with me a little at a time. He is patient, loving and kind. I want to be more like Him and less like me.

It has nothing to do with "what" we do, but everything to do with "why" we do. It's a Jesus thing.

For His Glory,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment