Thursday, November 17, 2011

Surrendering Control

This control nature of ours can get out of control!

We try to control too much, only giving Him the leftovers.

I am finding that it all comes down to seeking God's direction and listening to His voice, more that getting caught up in having to have things done in my way, my timing, and my plan.

When I focus on the Lord, everything about controlling circumstances and people sharpens into focus. The little things remain little, and the things that need my intervention get taken care of in His way, not mine. In the process, I'm exhibiting the love and compassion of Jesus and moving about reflecting Him, not me.

I'm definitely a "work in progress," but I am celebrating the growth I'm experiencing in this area. More miles to cover, but I'm gathering steam to make it happen with each step I travel with God.

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment