Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beyond Our Feelings

YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEEL CONFIDENT TO BE CONFIDENT! To live in victory, each of us must learn to go beyond our feelings. I have learned that I can feel wrong and still choose to do what is right. I have also learned that I don't have to feel confident to present myself in a confident manner.

God responds to our faith not our fears. Self-doubt is fear ~ fear that we will make mistakes or do the wrong thing. I have discovered that doubt is a thought planted in our heads by the devil. He uses it to keep us from enjoying life and making progress in God's good plan for us.

Today, by God's grace, I am free from fear, negativity, and self-doubt. This doesn't mean that these feelings never try to visit me, but I have learned to say "NO" to them just as easily as I can say "YES." When negative thoughts or conversations come up, I am reminded by the Holy Spirit that being negative will not help anything or anyone, and I decide to change.

When fear knocks on your door, answer with faith. When self-doubt knocks, answer with confidence!

God-confident,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment