Monday, September 19, 2011

My Internist Appointment

I have been having some health issues over the past few months and thought it was my thyroid. I have Hyshimoto's Thyroiditis which has caused me to be hypothyroid. The tests that my family doctor did showed that it is not my thyroid. So off to an internist I go.

I went in to see an internist this morning. Her main concern was the fact that my Dad had heart disease. So she had me have a heart scan today before I left. She is looking for calcium build up and clogged arteries. I also got tons of blood work done. She is also concerned with a few of my female issues. She wants me to have a ultrasound on my ovaries. My Mom had endometrial cancer so she is just covering all the basis. She is checking my endocrine gland and all my hormones as well. I also had the Berkley test. This will show if I inherited the gene for heart disease from my Dad. The test results for this test will not be back for 3 weeks. All other tests will be discussed when I go back in 2 weeks.

Please continue to keep me and my family in your prayers.

In His Grip,
Dalinda

3 comments:

  1. Hope the results are positive ones,praying for you Dalinda!!
    My dad also has heart issues and now Type 2 diabetes.That is why I am now losing weight and trying to take care of myself,but since I have PCOS and Endo it causes me to have a 40% higher risk for heart attack or stroke.I pray losing this weight well help me have a better chance of being more healthly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous comment was from me (Abby)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Abby! You are doing so good with your weight loss. Keep up the great work. Love ya!

    In Him,
    Dalinda

    ReplyDelete