Thursday, January 19, 2012

High-Quality Choices Lead To A High-Quality Life

God has a plan for your spiritual, physical, and emotional health.

God is the Potter, we are the clay. He is the one who gives the commands; we are the ones who obey. He never has to explain Himself; He never has to ask permission. He is shaping us into the image of His Son, regardless of the pain and heartache that may require. Those lessons are learned a little easier when we remember that we are not in charge.

This past Tuesday, I completed 12 weeks of a nutritional and exercise training program with my internist. I feel much better, physically and spiritually. I have seen a change in my body, both inside (through test results) and out. I'm still not model-thin, by any means and I never will be. And most days, I'm okay with that.

I finally came to the conclusion that unless I wanted to remain at high risk for heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, I had to make a lifestyle change. That meant I was going to have to alter my habits and let God give me some discipline (uh-oh!) God challenged me to start looking to Him to meet some of my needs that I was filling through unhealthy eating patterns.

I've learned that my spiritual life is a lot like my eating habits. It's a daily battle to let Jesus, the Bread of Life, be my sustenance. It's much easier to run to the freezer and reach for that chocolate ice cream and French fries than it is to take the time to tell God what's bothering me and let Him work on my problems.

God loves me. French fries don't love me. The only lasting things they give me are cholesterol and cellulite. Living in victory tastes sweeter than any unhealthy delicacy.

Spiritual, physical, and emotional health go hand in hand. They are not a result of a single decision that is made "once and for all." They are results from thousands of decisions that are made day after day, week after week, and year after year.

Every step of your life's journey is a choice....and the quality of those choices determines the quality of the journey.

Blessings,
Dalinda

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the encouragement. You are very kind! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is good....praying I will go the same....tryng very hard but on my own...guess I need to look up more!

    love ya and appreciate your encouragement to others every day!

    ReplyDelete