Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Run To Him

Running from God does not help us to be at peace with Him.

What happens when we go in the opposite direction from where God has directed us?

"Okay, you can lead this time...as long as you go where I want." I know for myself personally this can often be at least my first reaction to God. I might eventually come around to follow Him wherever He's leading, but all too often I first dig in my heels and insist that we go my way. The main problem with that though, is God knows best and although He'll let me choose my way over His, it's never the best option. EVER. Regardless of how long I have waited or how many ways I've tried on my own, or how far I've ever run down my own path, His is always best. Beyond my best is His best, perfect.

Many of the storms we face in life are the result of our own stubbornness. In many instances, we have been disobedient to the voice and leadership of God.

No matter how long we avoid God's instruction, it is still there for us to deal with when we stop running.

God's will makes us uncomfortable only as long as we are not pursuing it. Eventually we see that being in God's will, not out of His will, is what brings peace and joy to us. We have to surrender our own wills, because walking in our self-centered ways is what keeps us unhappy.

Satan wants to exhaust the energies God has given is by keeping us too busy and stressed out trying to handle all the things complicating our lives. He knows that if we learn to simply obey God, we will turn that power and energy against him by hearing and doing the work God directs!

The transformation many people desire in different areas of their lives come through forming a pattern of obeying God in the little things. God uses our obedience in the little things to transform our lives.

Stop trying to do everything on your own or running to others with your problems rather than running to God.

We struggled and strain, wearing ourselves out trying to do something that the Lord could do for us with no effort at all- if we would just ask Him.

God wants you to run to Him, not away from Him!

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment