Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Life Isn't Tied With A Bow, But It's Still A Gift

Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people will effect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or a bad mood. The bottom line is: It's your choice how you live life.

We don't see things the way they are. We see things the way WE are. Our thoughts and attitudes determine the emotional reaction we have to any event. Each of us determines the meaning and value of whatever we face in life.

When things go wrong, remember to dwell in the presence of the One who alone can make it all better. Don't let the enemy whisper all sorts of things to your soul that simply are not true. At those times I have a crucial choice to make. Am I gonna give in to the dark or run to the light?

Discouragement happens, and I'm grateful that I'm not condemned by those feelings and that place, but I'm also grateful that I can lift my eyes up so that I can take a step up and out...Peace in the midst of chaos. I am pretty sure there is no better feeling in the world.

Choosing to open my hands to all of His blessings, because y'all know it's always our choice. It's our choice if we will receive what He gives us as a blessing, or if we will label it otherwise. I believe that God is ALWAYS Good and ALWAYS Perfect, regardless of my often times misperceptions. On the days I fail to see His graciousness as a gift, it's only my seeing that is distorted, NEVER His Love.

Adversity will either turn us against God or draw us to Him. The choice is ours!

Every single day we can choose to remember that He has already crossed the finish line, that He has already thrown the last punch. Our job is to just keep running until we reach the tape. Our job is to stay on our feet (or get back on our feet) and continue until we hear the boxing bell. What a day that will be!

For His Glory,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment