Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our Lifeline

Prayer is an acknowledgment of our need for God.

Prayer is not just asking for things, although that is certainly part of it. Far more importantly, prayer is talking with God...a two-way conversation. It's getting close to and spending time with the One you love. It's acknowledging Him as the source of power upon whom you can depend. It's partnering with Him. It is aligning our spirit with His to see that His perfect will is done. It is establishing ourselves and our lives as being connected to God.

It took me a while to realize that those spur-of-the-moment prayers were not accomplishing much. I guess I thought the idea was to do the best I could on my own, and then if I needed a lifeline from God, I grabbed for it. The only problem was I needed a lifeline every other minute.

Every time you pray, you're advancing God's purpose for you. Without prayer, the full purpose God has for you can't happen.

Prayer is our lifeline to God.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment