Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Jesus Made The Difference

Life isn't fair. Innocent babies dies. Good people suffer. Believers hurt terribly. And we tend to think we are entitled to lives free from big-time struggles, sorrows, and suffering. However, your loving Savior never promised you an escape from life's tough stuff, but He did promise to tromp through it with you.

When God made the world, he put in place natural laws, like the laws of gravity and the laws of motion. Most of the time we benefit from those laws, but sometimes they make us victims. Gravity yanks a disabled airplane to the ground, and people die. God also gives people choices, some make the wrong ones and innocent people suffer. God doesn't suspend those laws for good people.

And since Christ got through his own suffering and death to rise triumphantly, He can certainly get you through whatever you suffer.

The value of faith isn't in the one doing the believing, but the one who is believed. Jesus made the difference. The Christian faith isn't fuzzy. It's objective. It's focused on the real truth of what Jesus did for you. Faith in anything else - no matter how hard you may believe - can't save you.

My faith in God, who hears and answers my prayers, is what has guided me through my ordeal. I have prayed for skilled care providers and the courage to face all challenges in my life as a result of this undiagnosed "thing" I have. I feel that all struggles in life are a wake-up call from God for us to take a serious look at our lives and our future. I have a new outlook on life thanks to my struggles. And I wouldn't change anything...except for maybe, getting a name to this "thing".

WooHoo! I received my Mayo Clinic packet in the mail today! Next on the list is booking a place to stay. I have been doing a lot of research on Mayo Clinic and am very excited to be going to a place where a team of doctors work together to run tests, diagnose, and decide a treatment plan. I am starting out in the Endocrinology department. During my research, I found that Mayo Clinic has one of the largest group of endocrinologists in the world, with more than 50 endocrinologists who evaluate and treat patients for endocrine and metabolic disorders. State-of-the-art diagnosis and therapy options are available for endocrinology patients at Mayo Clinic.

So what can we do when darkness is all around? We can choose goodness!

We've had a rough year, haven't we? One that could cause our hearts to sink or make us cry our eyes out. Evil, with its tedious slash-and-burn methods is out there. But what I know this year is that I have been more drawn toward bedrock belief in the goodness of God. I somehow do not feel at all discouraged but even more sure that God's love is stronger than all that is tirelessly arrayed against it. He can carry us through ANYTHING!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment