Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Job-Like Season

Many times over the past seven years, with the loss of both my parents and then recently my health dilemma, I was reminded of how often the Lord chooses to use pain to bring us to our knees. I’m not saying He always causes the heaps of bad stuff to rain down on us, but He certainly finds a way to use those low and hopeless seasons in our life to bring us to a deeper dependence on Him.

It’s often right at the point when we are in a Job-like season and all we can do is throw our empty hands up in the air and cry, “Why?!” when we discover how big God is. We discover, with complete certainty, a Savior who loves us deeply and promises to hold onto us through it all.

God has definitely been showing up for me over the last seven years. Not that he didn’t before. But in my Job-like season, God has been working in me in ways I never imagined. He is amazing. He is wonderful.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment