Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Life Of Transparency

So what does it mean to live transparent? Living a transparent life is a choice that must be made. Living behind a veil will in many cases diminish the fullness of life. Transparency is sliding aside the curtains of the soul revealing its character. Transparency informs others of the integrity of a person. The idea that the truth will set us free is an outcome of transparency. Transparency allows one to shift from hiding behind pretense to genuine living.

When we live with transparency we experience God's power, love and blessing firsthand.

While on earth, Jesus lived a life of transparency so that all could see the power of God.

God’s power is made perfect in weakness. Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn’t have to mean defeat. It is our opportunity to experience God’s power.

Living a life of transparency makes me vulnerable. But because God has done so much in my weakness, I cannot keep quiet. I have to share. Jesus's last words to His disciples were, "Go,tell." We are His disciples too and this is just one of my ways of telling.

Life's journey is definitely hard. The heart can spin, beat, fall, scream, and rejoice. . .all in one day!.....If this is giving my heart any kind of exercise, I should be in very good shape. :)

When we workout at the gym we struggle to get our bodies in good shape, and in the end we want to reveal the transformation. So why is it so hard for us to let God train our spiritual muscles and let Him reveal the transformation when the workout is complete?

During my journey my heart has fallen with despair, beat furiously with the frustrations, and melted with sweet moments of grace and love. My friends, everyone messes up. Everyone needs grace. The grace of God runs downhill toward the ones who are emptied and vulnerable, toward the ones who admit that they struggle.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment