Thursday, February 2, 2012

Born Again

People can go to church for years and do religious things all their lives without ever knowing Jesus as the Lord of their lives.

Sitting in a church won't make a person a Christian any more than sittting in a garage will make him a car.

When the Bible says that we must be born again, it doesn't say that we must be religious. We must let Jesus come into our lives and sit on the throne of our hearts to rule and reign over every step we take.

It is frightening to realize that there are probably thousands of people sitting in churches every week who won't go to heaven.

I know too many people who worship their pastor more than their God. The pastor is not the source of God's power, he is merely an extension cord to the source, Jesus.

Remember, chasing anything other than God is emptiness and does not profit or deliver. The end leads to death.

We think hell is for bad people and heaven is for good people. Actually, hell is for people who think they are good and heaven is for those who know how bad they are.

I am embarrassed to admit that when I first accepted Christ as my personal Savior, I didn't think God would have much work to do. After all, I was a pretty acceptable person by my standards, was I ever surprised when I was confronted with God's standards.

The God of the universe throws a party upon hearing the news that we have finally come to the end of our own adequacy and acknowledged our need of Him.

Humbled and undeserving,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment