Monday, February 27, 2012

A Turkey Or An Eagle, Which One Are You?

I understand that a turkey and an eagle react differently to the threat of a storm. A turkey reacts by running under the barn, hoping the storm won't come near. On the other hand, an eagle leaves the security of it's nest and spreads it's wings to ride the air currents of the approaching storm, knowing they will carry it higher in the sky than it could soar on it's own. Based on your reaction to the storms of life, which one are you? A turkey or an eagle?

It is natural for me to be a turkey in my emotions, but I have chosen to be an eagle in my spirit. Soaring has become an adventure of dicovering just how faithful He can be when I am way out of my comfort zone in the stratosphere over the storm.

Looking back over my life's storms, my conclusion is that God allowed the storms of suffering to increase and intensify in my life because He wanted me to soar higher in my relationship with Him, to fall deeper in love with Him, to grow stronger in my faith in Him, to keep my focus on His face and to live for His glory alone!

We so often forget that the process is the point. The process of seeking God and knowing Him is the goal.

For the child of God, suffering is not wasted.

In Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment