Thursday, February 23, 2012

God's Presence Or His Presents?

The joy of the Lord is our strength, not the joy of circumstances.

Seeking God for who He is, not just for what He can do for us, is vital to our victory as believers. This was a major lesson for me. I had to learn to rejoice in God, not in what He was doing or not doing for me. It took a while for me to make this transition, but what an awesome difference it made in my spiritual life.

What we are all looking for is not God's gifts, but God himself. We must decide that we will serve God even if we never get what we want.

When God looks for someone to use to advance His Kingdom, He looks for someone who has a right heart toward Him. If we don't behave ourselves and keep the right attitude, we won't be in a position for God to use us in the way He wants to use us. He can promote us, but He can also demote us.

God has been growing my understanding of what it means to be a disciple. He's revealed that there's still too much Pharisee in me.

Humbled,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment