Monday, February 13, 2012

I Am So Thankful God Wrote Our Love Story

In about eight weeks my best friend, Jody and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage. In some ways it feels like we have been together forever (in a good way) and in some ways it feels like yesterday.

Before I married, I had no idea what to look for in a spouse, so glad God did!

As I look back over our marriage and travel back to the first time I saw Jody, I am amazed at the journey God has brought us on. We have been through a lot together. Both my parents illnesses and deaths took a huge toll on both of us, both physically and emotionally. But God's amazing love and grace has sustained us and brought us to a deeper love for one another and a deeper love of God's grace and plan for our lives.

Marriage is hard! Marriage takes work. Marriage is a daily laying down of your life for another person, every day, day in and day out, selflessly.

Daily I praise God for my husband. My marriage is far from perfect. We have struggles, many of them. But I thank God for a man who has the physical ability and desire to take care of his family, wants to be an active part in his children's lives, loves to make me smile and desires to please God.

Through His grace and mercy every day, we are able to continue growing together, raising our boys together, laughing together. I know he will be there for me, anytime. He is a fabulous provider and excellent father. He would lay down his life for us. I love him so much and it is only through God's sovereignty that I could ever be blessed with this husband and the life I am living.

I am so thankful God wrote our love story!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment