Monday, June 10, 2013

Being Empty Of Ourselves

It is only after we realize it is not about us, but rather The Lord, that we can even begin to serve Him as we should. 

Arriving at the place of being empty of ourselves is not an easy task and it is rarely ever a quick one. God didn’t promise this life would be easy or that following Him would be either. What he did promise was He would be with us, never leaving, never forsaking.

Desperation becomes a great place when it causes you to cry out to Jesus, the only One who can save you. ✞ 

Someone once said, "It remains to be seen what God can do through a man or woman who will give Him all the glory." If we press on and are sincere about spiritual maturity, we will all eventually be empty of ourselves and ready to be used by God to fill other empty people. 

Jesus walked out of heaven and announced His love for us. He lived a life we could never live. He died a death we deserved to die. He incurred the wrath of God against sin, rose from the dead to put God’s life back inside of us. If that doesn’t show radical, scandalous love, I don’t know what does!

I am so grateful that He loved me enough to pull me out of darknessHe's the reason I wake up smiling. He's the reason I reach for my dreams. He's the reason life is so totally amazing.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment