Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Limiting God

When it comes to following God's plan, do you ever feel like you are on a scavenger hunt without a list of what to find? Do the what-if's fill your mind?....What if I fail at whatever He wants me to do here? 

In the life of the faithful, there is no room for "I believe, but...". Either you do or you don't. God is not a contingency plan. He is the master.

"God wants me to get where He wants me to go more than I want to get where He wants me to go" is a saying I read in a book by Mark Batterson. God knows His plan for me. My role is to listen and obey.

In my life, there is freedom right now, freedom to not worry if all the pieces don't fit into a tidy picture or preconceived notion. I find myself enjoying a front row seat to His work in my life as He leads me in new directions and sears new passions into my heart. I don't know where this is all going, but I don't have to. My God is bigger than what I could dream up anyway, and to base my life on my own limited scope is, well, limiting God.

It is my prayer for each of you that you recognize what the leading of God looks like in your life, and that you follow hard after Him - for He is our firm foundation. 

I am reminded of the lyrics, “on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.” He laid Himself down years ago for us and if we choose to build on that knowledge nothing needs to catch us off guard. He is our support when life gets shaky or scary.

I serve a God of limitless possibility, a God who can feed 5,000 with a few loaves of bread and a couple fish and still have leftovers. I want to be part of what God is doing, wherever He is doing it. 

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment