Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fleeting Moments, Precious Moments

Have you ever heard another mom say how happy they are that their children are starting back to school, because their children have worn them out? I have to admit I have said this statement before. It should make us sad when we hear these comments. I understand that children can be difficult, that they can get on our nerves at times. Really, I do understand! But....can't we all be difficult at times? These things are not just limited to children. 

Even though I get weary at times, I love being with my boys! It is one of my favorite places to be. I enjoy their company, their smiles, their laughter. I am so thankful for the family God chose to bless me with. 

Jake, my oldest son, is 14 years old and just started high school. Drew, my youngest son, is 9 years old and just started 4th grade. It seems like just yesterday I brought them home from the hospital. My, my, my how time flies! I'm so glad to share these fleeting, precious moments with them, and I look forward to seeing the people God is shaping them to be.

Blessings,
Dalinda

1 comment:

  1. How well I know how time flies! I have one entering 5th, one in 9th, and one moved off to college for the first time (she's a sophomore, but it's her first year away). Children are definitely a blessing, and I don't think I will ever be ready to see them go. No matter how crazy they make me!

    ReplyDelete