Monday, August 19, 2013

Lifetime Learners

Tonight I took my oldest son to his 9th grade orientation. He is staring a new phase in his life..."the high school years." As "freshman", they see this label as still having a long way to go, instead of seeing how far they've come. 

As we were walking through the long halls, it took me back to the days when I was in high school and all I have learned along the way. As we were walking around in circles looking for his classrooms, I realized we have the opportunity to be "lifetime learners". I want to learn something everyday of my life.

Our walk with God is a continual journey. The Holy Spirit has something to teach us today and every day. We are learning and growing in Christ all the time. We need to focus on how far we've come, not just how far we still have to go. 

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment