Monday, June 25, 2012

God Is Always Near, Right Beside Us, Ready To Help Carry What's Weighing Us Down

We're never alone in our pain or struggle. God is always near, right beside us, ready to help carry what's weighing us down.

Some things are too heavy to carry alone. A couch, for instance. Or a washing machine. The same is true for the mental and emotional burdens we bear. The good news is that strength, peace, comfort, hope and a host of other helping hands are only a prayer away.

Tomorrow is a big day in the Powell household...It is my oldest son's 13th birthday. Yes, he will officially be a teenager and I will have 13 more gray hairs. :) Tomorrow is also the day I go back to the Neuro Opthamologist for my follow up appointment for my optic neuritis. My vision still has not returned 100% in my right eye. I have experienced some eye pain the past couple of days, along with a headache and neck ache. I try so very hard not to complain, but I am so ready to feel better and have my eyesight back to normal. Please say a prayer that I will get a good report at the doctor and my vision returns to normal.

When you and I learn to yield our fears to Christ, we gain strength in our weakness. While it’s true that God may not always remove us from our situation, he will support us in it. He will uphold us. Still, as the pressure of stress and worry weigh on us, it’s easy to forget or ignore the very things that uphold us such as God’s peace and promises such as Isaiah 54:10.
The Lord makes us this promise. “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” God knows; He’s been there and He’s there still. Therefore, you and I can truly live fearless! ONLY THIS WE KNOW, GOD IS IN CONTROL.

Who knows the path better than the One Who made it? And Who knows the pitfalls of the path better than the One Who has walked it? Just something to think about....I wonder, how many burdens is Jesus carrying for us that we know nothing about?

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. - Psalm 68:19

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment