Tuesday, June 19, 2012

God Understands My Feelings

Why seek Jesus' help with your challenges? Because He's been there.

Jesus was the recipient of God's wrath. He had never felt God's fury and didn't deserve to. Jesus never experienced isolation from His Father; the two had been one for eternity. He'd never known physical death; He was an immortal being. Yet within a few short hours, Jesus would face them all. God would unleash His sin hating wrath on the sin-covered Son. And Jesus was afraid. Deathly afraid. And what He did with His fear shows us what to do with ours....He prayed. Jesus faced His ultimate fear with honest prayer.

One week from today I go back to the Neuro Opthamologist, Dr. Shaw, for my follow up appointment for my optic neuritis. My sight is not 100% yet, but I have complete faith that it will return 100%. I will be honest with all of you...I have felt God's presence in a deep and wonderful way through all of this. But at the same time, I sometimes feel the panicky feelings of how am I going to deal with this one more hour? I think it's called being human. And God is okay with that. I can't control what's happening with my eye, but I can control my attitude. I'm honest when people ask me about my eye that this stinks. It does. But I'm refusing to get stuck in the stink. There are many worse things I could be facing and there is so much good right in front of me. I truly believe God is going to heal me. But between now and then there is a path of perseverance I must choose. Some days I am tripping and falling on this path. But staying on the path regardless.

Our problems have always been His possibilities....Christ entered the world by a surprise pregnancy and redeemed it through His unjust murder.

So if God can make a billion galaxies, can't He make good out of our bad and sense out of our faltering lives? Of course He can. He is God.

For God's glory is God's priority.

Jesus experienced a physical and factual resurrection. And - here it is - because He did, we will too! Praise God!!!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment