Saturday, June 2, 2012

God's Got This

I usually do not blog on Saturdays, but God laid it on my heart to do so today.

True freedom is knowing we can't take a single step without His help.

More and more God is teaching me to trust Him for every step I take. He constantly calls me to stretch beyond what's comfortable. To walk through new territory when I would rather stay with the familiar. To face difficult physical, mental, and emotional challenges. To do things I know I can't achieve by myself without His power.

Over the past month I have not felt well due to, what I thought was just a sinus infection. I have taken three pretty potent antibiotics and am now on my fourth, for four weeks. Most every day my fever has gone up in the afternoon and I have had fluid in both my ears, but moreso on the right side.

I went to my family doctor this past Tuesday and got a cortisone shot for the inflammation in my sinuses. When I woke up Wednesday morning, I could not see well out of my right eye. I just thought it was coming from my sinuses. On Thursday, I still could not see well. I began to get concerned. I had a terrible headache on Thursday afternoon and had to lie down. When Friday rolled around, my eye seemed to be a bit worse. It is almost like looking through a frosted glass window. I can see images, but they are very blurry. I called my family doctor and he said to go to my optometrist immediately to get it looked at.

My husband came home from work to go with me to the optometrists. When we got there he checked my eye pressure and it was good. He dilated both my eyes and looked at each one carefully. He said that my optic nerve in my right eye was swollen. He did several tests to see how much I could see out of it and asked me a series of questions. He could not tell what was causing my optic nerve in my right eye to be swollen so He said he wanted to order an MRI as soon as possible.

They only place that does MRI's, on Saturdays, in this area is in Anderson. I agreed to have it done there. So, bright and early this morning, my husband and two boys went with me to have the MRI done. It took 40 minutes to be completed.

Now, I am waiting on the results...Praying that it is something that can be fixed and that it can be an easy fix. I would appreciate your prayers as well.

As I go through this storm, I am reminded that when Jesus and His disciples were in a ship crossing the Sea of Galilee, the disciples got all upset when a storm came. But Jesus calmly rebuked the storm, speaking peace to it, and it quieted down. He was able to speak peace to the storm because He never let the storm get on the inside of Him. He never let the devil upset Him. He kept His heart peaceful, calm, and loving. And we are to be like Him. I want to be like Him!!!

God's got this!

Prayerfully,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment