Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Year Blog Anniversary

Today is my One Year Bloggiversary! WOO- HOO!!!! Thank you to those who have visited my blog....Faith, Friends, and Fruit Loops. I pray that it had been an encouragement to you over the past year. I know it has to me! God has taught me much about trusting in Him. Thank you also for your prayers. Please keep them coming! I am praying that in a few short hours I will have some answers as to what this thing is. God is so good!!!!!

UPDATE: Just got back from my appointment with the neurologist. First, let me just say that Dr. Courson Cunningham is a GREAT doctor. We were very pleased! He believes that based on all of my symptoms, that I have a condition called Optic Neuritis as opposed to Pseudo Tumor. He is not 100% sure that is the case but is pretty certain. He gave me a high dose of steroids through an IV to address inflammation in and around my eye. I go back tomorrow for round two of the steroid and then Friday for my last round of steroids and a spinal tap. If it is optic neuritis, the steroid should help to restore my vision and reduce the pressure. If it is a pseudo tumor, it wont help, but it also wont hurt either. The spinal tap will give a definitive diagnosis of optic neuritis or pseudo tumor. He did say that optic neuritis is sometimes the first symptom of MS. However, MS is detected through an MRI. If the MRI shows lesions on the brain, then it is likely that you have MS. My MRI was clear so he does not believe I have MS. The spinal tap will also confirm this. You can just have optic neuritis without having MS and he thinks that this is the case with me. Please continue to pray for us. Pray that MS is ruled out completely, that my site will return to normal and that I will feel better. Thank you all so much for your prayers!


Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment