Thursday, June 7, 2012

You Are Secure In God's Hands

He is Lord of the unexpected and the unpredictable. Our times and our trials are in His hands.

When we are suffering the consequences of unfair treatment, there is mercy with God. When we are enduring the grief of loss, there is mercy. When we struggle with limitations of a disability, there is mercy. When we're hurting and in physical pain, there is mercy. All these struggles that occur are no accident. God is in the midst of them. Working out His sovereign will. Yes, it's a mystery, which means we need special mercy to endure the anguish and misery of the pain.

Today, I got a phone call form my neurologist that there was a cancellation so I went in today for my spinal tap instead of tomorrow. The procedure itself wasn't so bad, but the side effects are for the birds. I have had the worst headache that I have ever had today. It made me nauseous. But I felt a little better once I got sick. There has also been a great deal of pain in my back. As I was lying flat on my back for six hours I whispered a prayer, "Sweet Jesus, please give me some relief form all this pain." Not long after that I started feeling a little better.

The sovereign Most High God is ruler over our lives. So it is obvious that if we ever have the feeling of relief, God has given it to us. He's the author of relief. He's the one who grants us the peace, the satisfaction, the ease. Mercy is God's active compassion, which he demonstrates on behalf of the miserable. When we are in a time of deep distress and God activates his compassion to bring about relief, we've experienced mercy.

Bless the LORD, oh my soul,...who crowns you with loving-kindness and compassion. Psalm 103:1,4

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment