Monday, July 2, 2012

Faith Is Knowing That My Trials Are Developing Something Greater In My Life

Faith is waiting patiently for God to make me more Christlike through people and circumstances when I want Him to give me a quick, preferably painless, fix.

When you have a problem that goes on and on, with no end in sight, see it as a wonderful opportunity. An ongoing problem is like having a tutor who is always by your side. If you are willing, you can learn so much from your trouble.

Ask God to open your eyes and your heart to all that He is doing through this problem. He may be teaching you patience or persistence. He may be strengthening your faith or your courage.

Faith is developed through hardship, disappointment, disillusionment, conflict, frustration, failure, and loss. "The testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:3-4

Faith is the handle by which I take God's promises and apply them to my particular problems.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment