Friday, July 6, 2012

He Is In The Middle Of The Muddle

The messy mixture of sunshine and sorrow, happiness and heartache, triumph and tragedy, rest and toil is not the easiest recipe for a full, vibrant life. But it is the recipe. We need to recognize God's presence beside us every step of the way, leading us through the good times, guiding us through the hard times, and carrying us through those times when we couldn't make it on our own. HE IS THERE ALL THE TIME!

UPDATE: I had an appointment today with the ENT. He believes I may have a blockage in my sinuses. And of course, on the side where I had my optic neuritis. He wants to do a sinus CT but can't right now because I have infection. He put me on an antibiotic for 14 days. He wants to wait and do the CT in 4 to 6 weeks to make sure the infection is gone. CT is scheduled for August 13th. I go for my mammogram recheck this coming Wednesday. Thanks for all your prayers!

I have found it helpful to begin and end my prayers by focusing on His character traits. He is the Almighty God. He is the God who heals. He is the God of peace. He is the God who forgives. He is the God who provides, and He is the God who is in control. He knows everything that is happening. He is not caught off guard. His love is perfect.

As I consider Who He is instead of focusing on myself or another person or my situation, I am better able to pray with faith. When I look at what God has to work with, me, my mate, my child, or my extended family, my expectations can be small, but when I focus on Who He is, it is easier to believe.

In the middle of the muddle our holy Lord is calmly at work. - Elisabeth Elliot

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment