Thursday, July 5, 2012

Some Days You Need A Double Shot Of Faith

"Fight the good fight of the faith." 1 Timothy 6:12

Jesus asked, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" - Matthew 9:28

If you and I want to receive anything from God, we must first believe that He is God, and then believe that He is good.

There have been many times in my life when I have been discouraged and not known what to do, or felt that nothing was working. Some days you need a double shot of faith and today is one of those days for me. I have another doctors appointment tomorrow. This time with the ENT. Still having bad headaches and eye pain. I am also very swimmy headed. I have stumbled several times. The right side of my face and neck is also slightly swollen. I had my routine mammogram on Monday and they called me this morning and said that I have a suspicious place that they want to recheck. Please say a prayer for me!

Our life journey can bring us to many crossroads, however, we are not traveling our life journey by ourselves. We know that God is with us. But the enemy tries to place obstacles in our path to impede our journey. Satan's desire is to make believers feel discouraged, depressed, and defeated. He does not want us claiming God's promises, because he knows God's promise for today gives us hope for tomorrow.

Satan's desire is to keep us in darkness and make us doubt God. Satan also wants us to feel that God has abandoned us and does not care what happens to us. LIES! LIES! LIES!

The greatest time in the world to keep your commitments to God is in the midst of difficulty and adversity. When Satan sees that trials and tribulations won't stop you, he will stop troubling you for a while.

To be prepared for the next time you find yourself in a difficult situation, practice saying, " I am going to be faithful to God, and God is going to give me double for my trouble. Satan, you thought you were going to hurt me, but I am going to get a double blessing, because I am one who diligently seeks the Lord."

Standing on the promises of God will create a firm foundation when the bottom of your world falls out.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment