Tuesday, July 10, 2012

He Is The God Of Limitless Resources - The Only Limit Comes From Us

God is the God of limitless resources, therefore there is no limit to what we may ask and expect of our Almighty God. The only limit comes from us. Our requests, our thoughts, and our prayers are too small, and our expectations are too low. God is trying to raise our vision to a higher level, call us to have greater expectations, and thereby bring us to greater purpose.

Genuine faith puts its letter in the mailbox and lets it go. Distrust, however, holds on to a corner of the envelope and then wonders why the answer never arrives.

Genuine faith hands its circumstances over to God, allowing Him to work.

He will never work until we commit.

"Cast all your anxiety on him" - 1 Peter 5:7

If we truly have cast our burdens upon the Lord can they continue to pressure us? If we carry them with us from the throne of grace, it is obvious we have not left them there.

In my own life I test my prayers in this way: after committing something to God, if I can come away with no more sadness, pain, or anxiety in my heart, I see it as proof that I have prayed the prayer of faith. But if I pray and then still carry my burden, I conclude my faith was not exercised.

Last week I went in for my routine mammogram and was called to come back in because they found a suspicious spot. I go back tomorrow for my recheck. I have been praying that it is just a cyst and nothing cancerous. I cast this burden upon the Lord last Thursday when I received the call. I truly believe His divine promises and believe everything God allows to happen He brings good from it. But He still wants us to pray audacious prayers.

Great men and women of God are not made on the peak, they are formed in the valley. What a comforting thing to know that if God is testing your faith, it's because He has somewhere He wants to take you. God has to prove you before He can promote you.

It is the audacity to believe that God has bigger plans for me than I could ever ask or imagine. And that not only does He want me to pray audacious prayers, He wants to answer them.

God is not merely able but abundantly able, bountifully and generously able, with an infinite surplus of resources, and eternally able to do what he has promised.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment