Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love Is An Initiated Action, Not A Knee-Jerk Reaction

Love is a choice, not a feeling.

So many times in life, we let love be a feeling. Oh he brought me roses, I love him so much! He never takes out the trash without me reminding him, He irks the devil out of me! Love is treated as a feeling.

But really, love is a choice. You may or may not do something romantic, but I choose to love you no matter. You may or may not say all the right things, but I choose to love you anyway. Love is a choice. A CHOICE WE MUST MAKE CONTINUALLY.

Great love isn't two people finding the perfect match in one another - there is no perfect match because none of us are perfect - Great love is two people making the choice to be a match, flaws and all.

My love advice for all you singles out there....Date someone you can be in love with, sure! But marry someone you can be in life with.

It is so easy to place our happiness and contentment in the hands of others. That means I am putting my everything in my husband and leaving no room for God. The Bible says that God should come first in your life, then your husband, then your children.

There is only One Who can fully satisfy us, fully bring us happiness and fully give us contentment...God. No one else can do this for us. If we are depending on our husband for this contentment, we will be let down over and over and over again.

When our relationship with God is on the right track, when we fully surrender to Him, all else falls into place in His timing.

Blessings,
Dalinda




No comments:

Post a Comment