Monday, August 20, 2012

Many Of Life's Lessons Involve Some Sort Of Pain

We often pray to be delivered from afflictions, and even trust God that we will be. But we do not pray for Him to make us what we should be while in the midst of the afflictions. Nor do we pray that we would be able to live within them, for however long they may last, in the complete awareness that we are held and sheltered by the Lord and can therefore continue within them without suffering any harm.

Afflictions cannot injure when we blend them with submission.

I am ministering to myself right now. The Holy Spirit's conviction is all over me!

Most of you know that I have been battling health issues the past several months. I have been to five doctors and am now being sent to a sixth.

Today, I went to the ENT to get my Sinus CT results. I was so sure he would have all the answers I have been anxious to find, but the CT did not show anything. To me, this was good and bad news. It is good because he did not find anything that I would have to have surgery for. But, it was also discouraging because we still don't have the answers as to why I have been having terrible headaches, eye pain, and vision loss in my right eye. I did have optic neuritis in that particular eye back at the beginning of the summer, but went back at the end of June and my optic nerve was no longer swollen. So what now? My next doctor visit is to an Allergist.

God made me realize that by expecting the ENT to have all the answers, I was trying to direct God in my situation instead of surrendering my situation to be directed by Him. I wanted to show Him the way instead of submissively following where He leads.

It is the role of faith not to question but to simply obey.

Suffering is a wonderful fertilizer for the roots of character. The great objective of this life is character, for it is the only thing we can carry with us into eternity. And gaining as much of the highest character possible is the purpose of our trials. - Austin Phelps

The mountain of vision is won by no other road than the one covered by thorns.

God will examine your life not for medals, diplomas, or degrees but for battle scars.

I have a Facebook page and I link all of my blog posts to my page. This morning, when I updated my status, God was speaking to me directly through my status post. Here is what it said, "Today is a reminder for me and for you if you need it…to keep moving forward. Don’t get hung up on the distractions, don’t let things you can’t control slow you down. Don’t make excuses. It’s time to stop dancing around in place. It’s time to stop moving aimlessly through life. It’s time to get in the race and run. You don’t train for a marathon and then stay home on race day. No, you show up and you run your race."

May we also go forth to higher endeavors for Christ, never resting until we can shout from the mountaintop, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment