Thursday, August 30, 2012

We Have Off-Peak Seasons In Life Too

Some experiences in life leave us devastated - things we have no control over, couldn't have predicted, and cannot explain nor justify. Events that simply happen to us. Situations that seem to offer no closure.

I am having an off-peak season in my life right now. After six doctors, they still can't figure out what is causing my eye pain, loss of vision in my right eye, and headaches. Optic neuritis was the culprit back in early June. But, by the end of June, I no longer had a swollen optic nerve - so I shouldn't be having problems. But I am.

So what next? I am scheduled to see an Endocrinologist on Tuesday to check for a possible auto immune disease. I already have one auto immune disease called, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - which attacked my thyroid and caused it to not function properly. I now have to take medicine in order for my body to get the hormones it needs that my thyroid used to supply. Anyway, I could possibly have another auto immune disease that is attacking my eye somehow. I also have some body wide inflammation and can't lose any weight no matter what I do.

I have learned that sometimes God chooses not to rescue us, but these are the times He walks with us, saying "This is the way, walk it." So we must take up our cross daily and obey.

Don't be discouraged if your prayers are not answered right away. Time is a great teacher. It teaches you to be patient and to trust in His perfect plan - even when you don't know what is going to happen next.

I have had to take this off-peak season minute-by-minute, but I trust God. Yes, I get frustrated and discouraged with the situation at times...lots of times! But I ask God to forgive me when I stumble and not let me miss a step on the path He wants me to go.

When everything seems way to hard, that is when you can truly see His power at work in your life. Don't let this world's craziness drag you into worry. Instead, choose to see all that He is doing around you. And remember, there is no limit to what He can do.

I have many miles to go as I'm traveling through this off-peak season in my life. But Jesus is right there beside me as my travel companion saying, "This is the way, walk it."

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment