Thursday, August 25, 2011

Enter into the Silence

We can choose to move beyond the time-bound limitations of a stressed-out-lifestyle to enter into the timeless and eternal. Whether it is fifteen minutes of silence in the beauty of His creation or doing devotions, the withdrawal from the noise and stress of the daily grind is essential to our spiritual growth.

A lot of everyday life is spent surviving the "in between" time- in route between where you are to where God wants to be. Without faith, we're only left with the daily grind.

To develop a quality of prayerful presence in our lives, we must begin by stilling the disjointed judgements and chatter of our minds, calming our emotions so we are free to move from conventional thinking to a more spiritual viewpoint.

When my day doesn't go as planned I could stress, but where's the benefit in that? I think I'll choose to trust God, to believe that He has His own ideas about what my to-do list should look like. When I invite Him into my day, He'll enable me to accomplish what needs to be done and give me the grace to let go of what remains.

So toss that Superwoman cape and let God be your Knight in shining armor.

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment