Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God Is God And You're Not (It Bugs You, Doesn't It?)

God is God and you're not. (It bugs you, doesn't it?)

How can my limited mind understand the limitlessness of God?

Years ago I put God in a box. Perhaps my excuse was youth...or just being at the bottom of a steep learning curve.

I discovered that to really know God I had to stop trying to make Him fit into my world view. I couldn't define Him based on my values, or disregard those aspects of His character that didn't fit into my pretty little picture of Him. I had to accept God for who He is.

I'm embarrassed to admit that when I first accepted Christ as my personal savior, I didn't think God would have much work to do. After all, I was a pretty acceptable person by my standards. Was I ever surprised when I was confronted with God's standards!

I've come to understand that God values things differently than I do. My comfort is far less important to Him than it is to me. My "security" in earthly things is vapor to Him.

Knowing God has given me more joy, confidence and hope than ANYTHING in this world!!!

I don't pretend to say I know everything about God, but I know more than I did.

It all started with accepting Him for who He is, not who I want Him to be.

The Almighty God of the universe throws a party upon hearing the news that we have finally come to the end of our adequacy and acknowledged our need of Him.

In His Love,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment