Friday, August 12, 2011

Waiting

Waiting may seem like a passive pursuit. However, you actually have a choice as to how you'll spend your time. You can waste it, worry over it, or worship through it. It doesn't matter what you're waiting for, an overdue flight, the results of a medical test, an answer to prayer....choosing to worship turns waiting into watching. The more often you turn your eyes toward God, the better chance you'll have of noticing how His hand is in the details.

"Today is mine, tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of my now."~Elizabeth Elliott

Sometimes God's timing seems out of sync with our own. 2 Peter 3:8 says, "with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day," it's no wonder. God is on an eternal time schedule. Ours is more temporal. But God sees the big picture, which we cannot. That's why waiting on His timing is a wise thing to do.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Blessings,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment