Monday, August 1, 2011

Go On a Retreat

No matter how busy you are or how many obligations you need to fill, you also need to renew and replenish your spirit. Consider going away for a day, a weekend, or even a week for personal retreat. If you can't get away, take an hour of personal retreat at home. Take a long, hot soak in the tub or curl up with a good book. Let this be a time to meditate on the events of your day and ask for God's guidance for tomorrow.

Time away with God is a vital necessity. It's vitally important to give yourself simple time-outs for stress relief. A retreat offers an opportunity to view your life from a higher perspective.

As I am writing this blog, my family is on a retreat in Destin, Florida. To just sit and take in all of it's beauty is so refreshing all on it's own. But it reminds me of all the blessings that God has given me on a daily basis. Time in the beauty of His presence is so vitally important!

Over the past five years it has been difficult for me to really let go of everything when I have gone on my personal retreats because my parents were sick at home. You could say that I had my phone attached to my hip twenty four hours a day, seven days a week . I never knew if we would have to cut our retreat short or not.

This year's retreat to Destin is a huge blessing from God because I can completely relax with no worries of getting a phone call of having to leave early. Don't get me wrong, I miss my Mom and Dad so very much and there is not a day that goes by that something doesn't remind me of them. Wonderful memories of beach trips with my parents have come to mind on this retreat as I reflect on all of my blessings from God.

Remember that Jesus left the crowds behind and went to the wilderness to pray. Spend time away in God's creation. Seek serenity of spirit through time in prayer, solitude, and intimate moments with God.

As I sit here on the beautiful white sandy beaches of Destin, Florida I am so thankful for this time with Him that I can renew and replenish. I love these God moments!!!

Be still, and know that I am God- Psalm 46:10

In Him,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment