Monday, March 5, 2012

Do The Next Thing

God is the God of right now. He doesn't want us to regret yesterday or worry about tomorrow. He wants us to focus on what He is saying to us and putting in front of us right now. The Enemy's voice will focus on the past and the future, but the voice of our God will focus on today. God's voice tells us what we can do now.

Are you waiting for things to change before you try to discern God's voice? If so, maybe that's why things aren't changing. He's waiting for you to listen for Him now. His directions for the next season will come as you faithfully serve the situation you're in right now.

Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of my now. -Elizabeth Elliott

I realize I posted the same blog back in January, but God laid it on my heart to post it again. Maybe, it's for me! :)

In His grip,
Dalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment